Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Un-American Candidate


A lot of attention was paid to the photo on the left of Barack Obama "forgetting" to put his hand over his heart during the national anthem during a campaign event.

Not being one who looks for a conspiracy behind every fault, I didn't find it alarming and gave Mr. Obama the benefit of the doubt that he was probably nervous or distracted at the moment.

And when Mr. Obama said that he didn't wear a U.S. flag pin on his lapel because it wasn't necessary to prove one's patriotism, I again gave him the benefit of the doubt.

But I can't give him that benefit anymore.

During a campaign stop in Milwaukee his wife, Michelle Obama, said: “People in this country are ready for change and hungry for a different kind of politics and … for the first time in my adult life I am proud of my country because it feels like hope is finally making a comeback.”

Michelle Obama is only now "proud of her country"?

America is the country that advances freedom, liberty, and economic opportunity to the rest of the world.

America is the country that has freed hundreds of millions of people from Fascists, Nazis, Taliban, vicious dictators, malaria, AIDS, starvation, communism, Marxism, and slavery worldwide without asking for anything back.

America is the country that has willingly sacrificed the lives of hundreds of thousands of our best and bravest young men and women to help people of all religions, ethnic, and racial origins free themselves of tyranny without asking for anything back.

America is the country where Barack and Michelle Obama have lived the American dream. They are proof that in America "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" aren't just words on a paper but the essence of the American culture and way of life.

The Obama campaign has tried to deflect criticism of Michelle's comments with the usual political spin, but it rings hollow when you look at the track record of this couple.

The most alarming thing about this election cycle is not the lack of qualified candidates, but the willingness of the American public to support and elect people who loathe the country and the Constitution that gives them this opportunity to achieve the highest political office in the world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I know I usually don’t write politically based blogs, they are usually focused on scriptural points and experiences that I have. However, this time I am blogging about political aspects. I was listening to Mike Church on the radio the other day and I have to say that he was cracking Sam and I up on our way home from Tennessee. He was so hard core on his beliefs that it was amusing because for the most part we agreed with everything he was saying. I think I have come to the point in my life that the only way for Christians to vote is to do exactly what God said to do. He said, “If my people who are called by my name shall humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways then I will hear from Heaven and I will heal their land.”

Sounds simple enough doesn’t it? I mean how much wickedness in a Christians life can there possibly be; for Him not to hear us? I wonder how many Christians actually think they have arrived at holiness. I wonder how the “BODY OF CHRIST” expects our country to be united and stand as the UNITED STATES when the church next door won’t even sup with the Pastor across the street whose denomination is different from his. I cannot sit idly by and twiddle my thumbs and watch the devastation of this country come to pass because the church is destroying it. People say you can’t mix church and state….well you know what, you are right. You also can’t mix homosexuality and church, or fornication and church, or blasphemy and church but it’s done all the time. People say you can’t bring religion into politics, that’s funny because politics has destroyed religion and by the way religion is a set way of doing things. So I would say that our whole country is religious and it’s widespread. It’s called desensitized segregation and mediatroversity and that is my word of the day. You know I wonder what it was like back in the day when our government officials didn’t read off of scripts written by someone with totally different views then them. I wonder what it was like when our government officials would sit on wooden benches with their grey hair pulled back deliberating over choices, choices they would make for the nation, for a people of pride and integrity yet at the same time people of honest reproach and humbleness. For days at a time they discuss the future of the American people until they came to an agreement starting each deliberation with prayer.

Today you have men in the office and men and women running for office whose only goal is to tear the other one down as much as they possibly can to win the hoopla and praises of the people. Who gives the best speech? Who gives the best performance? Who puts the smack down on the other the hardest? Who is going to end the war in Iraq so that our soldiers can come home safely and then we can get bombarded by terrorist? Who is going to stop immigration after millions of dollars has been spent on a virtual wall that was built that the National Guard did not even know about and now doesn’t work? Who is going to stop gas prices from raising so freaking high! Come on give me a break. American’s don’t know how good we have it and that is what started everything to begin with. It all boils down to greed, “I WANT IT MY WAY”. All of it! From prayer being taken out of school to homosexuals standing in pulpits preaching, to women running for president! Why in the world would a homosexual (practicing) want to preach anyway? Why in the world would someone want to take prayer out of school, regardless if they don’t pray or not why would that offend them? Why in the world would a woman want to be the President of a Nation except to PROVE SHE COULD! I used to be proud to be an American now I just pray that America loses her pride. I now can only say that I am humbled to be washed in the blood of Christ because the more and more I see happening in our country today the more and more relevant the Word of God becomes and the more and more I realize just HOW FAR OFF CHRISTIANS in America are.

People say that Obama is going to be the next president and though we don’t know what is going to happen for certain may I suggest that if you are reading this that you really need to start reading your Bible and preparing for the times that are quickly approaching. Even though the foundation of the Bible may be found void in many different religious groups and beliefs and traditions of men, the Word of God will not return void and God will stand firm on His promises. None of us are promised the breath of tomorrow and none of us know how things are going to unfold from one day to the next so it’s best to know that our standing ground on this Earth is temporal but our Eternal standing place is forever. I pray that the Christians of this once accountable nation come together in unity and fall upon our knees and repent and turn from our wicked ways. It’s time we fall as one on our faces before God and pray that He guide this country and that He positions the person in leadership of our Nation whose main focus is not cutting gas prices but about turning our Nation back to being ONE NATION UNDER GOD.

Can we turn back to being The Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave instead of the Land of Do Whatever You Want and Home of Unfortunate Consequences? I don’t know who I am going to vote for, but I can guarantee one thing, they won’t stop me from serving the God of America who is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob!